Question of the Week:


What does the Obama victory mean to you?

Let us know here and we may share your thoughts later.

Monday, August 25, 2008

Insanity, Hypocrisy, McBush, and you...

The definition of insanity is repeating the same behavior over and over again, and expecting different results.

John McCain released two attack ads against Barack Obama this weekend. One of those ads criticized him for choosing Joe Biden as his vice presidential candidate. The other ad criticized Obama for not picking Hillary Clinton as his running mate. Now, on the surface these ads seem completely different, but

BOTH ADS USE THE SAME LINE OF ATTACK!!

The Biden ad attacks Obama for choosing a running mate that was a very harsh critic. The Clinton ad attacks Obama for not choosing Hillary because she was a very harsh critic.

Congratulations Senator McBush and campaign…you have officially made me stupider again. At this rate I will have no brain cells left come November. WAIT A MINUTE…that must be your plan…kill all of intelligent America’s brain cells by election time so that we will forget why we were going to vote for a candidate courageous and intelligent enough to choose a non-lapdog as his running mate, and vote for a joker like you. Dumb down America. Ingenious, I must say.

I hope for your sake, your vice presidential nominee is not Mitt Romney. I hope for my sake, it is. The irony and sheer and utter stupidity of that choice, in light of these ads, will be so sweet, that when I taste it, I will spit it out because it will be too rich. It will be as if someone pre-packaged hypocrisy and delivered it to my doorstep with instructions that read, “Just add McCain…uh…I mean water.”

So let us recap…Obama is unfit for the presidency because he picked a running mate that will make his opinions known and not simply act as a yes man. He is unfit because his running mate criticized him as being unprepared for the job. Obama is also unfit for the presidency because he did not pick someone who leveled the exact same criticisms against him. Drink it up folks; it doesn’t get any more real than this.

I will take these McCain attack ads as a direct assault on my intellect, and you should too. Otherwise we will elect a president that will bring a third Bush term, and we aren’t insane…

Are we?

Refusing to repeat the same behavior,
-LoOK

0 comments: