Question of the Week:


What does the Obama victory mean to you?

Let us know here and we may share your thoughts later.

Friday, August 8, 2008

Inexcusable Part Two

In my continuing investigation, I decided to visit apollobraun.com and much to my dismay discovered that actress Natalie Portman and singer Bjork have purchased and worn his clothing. I am now no longer in love with Natalie Portman (why have you forsaken me!?), but I find myself in a major dilemma regarding Bjork and my collection of nearly all of her albums (she gets one get out of jail free card for her musical brilliance I suppose). My Bjork crisis notwithstanding…I found this interesting little quote: “Life is all about Karma. When you do something good, the good will come back to you.” Judging by the slogans adorning his clothing…this genius has no grasp whatsoever of the concept of Karma. Spreading hate and perpetuating myths to further elevate said hate sounds like the best recipe for karma I can possibly imagine. He claims his slogans are not his beliefs, but the beliefs of “ordinary WASP’s.” He later goes on to say that he dislikes Obama because he is a Muslim (Obama is a Christian for the record, try visiting his website before you make yourself sound like a fool by uttering falsehoods). Which is essentially consistent with the backwoods American fear that Obama is a Muslim. There were some brilliant interviews in the major news media during the West Virginia primary of people that refused to vote for Obama because of his apparent Muslim religious beliefs. Since we are stereotyping here, I would say these people were a fair representation of Braunshtein’s WASP characterization. It seems I have found some slight contradictions in your logic Mr. High Fashion (again, when I think of high fashion, clearly the first thing that comes to mind is plain cotton tees and iron on lettering).

Braunshtein claims Obama reminds him of Hitler (because when I think of Hitler I think of hope of course). Nothing could be more ridiculous. I think the bottom line here is that we have a joke of a “designer” starving for attention, and striving to get it by any means necessary.

In any case…why should it be a problem if Obama were a Muslim? Seriously? SERIOUSLY? Are you kidding me? Included in the aforementioned freedoms is another that is often ignored…Freedom of Religion. I think a presidential candidate should be afforded that right as well, but wait a minute…why should a political leader’s religious beliefs even be a topic of discussion!? Can you say separation of church and state!? Note to self: Two topics for future discussion.

Fashionably yours (iron on lettered tees and all),
-LoOK

0 comments: