Question of the Week:


What does the Obama victory mean to you?

Let us know here and we may share your thoughts later.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Rush Limbaugh is Disgusting

In our last post I talked about the endorsement of Barack Obama by General Colin Powell. I said somehow the right would find a way to spin this, and I hinted to it with rush Limbaugh’s reaction. Today he made himself even clearer on where he stands on this endorsement:



I know starting a feud with Rush Limbaugh is pointless. I know there are a million blogs out there in this world that bash him every day. I also know there are a million out there that praise him all the same. But today, after his latest remarks I have had enough.

However, I am perplexed at where I should start. Should it be with the “genital” comment or his blatant form of racism?

To call a true American war hero, a man who understands how to wage battle in times such as these more than anyone, a man who we need around to get advice from "Genital Powell" is disgusting. Tell me Rush, how is it that you sleep at night? Are you still popping those pills? Is that it? It must be.

Rush, I am sure you have supported Colin Powell in the past. I am sure he was one of your favorite guys when he was advising Reagan, or when he was George Bush’s Secretary of state. The truth is, when General Colin Powell saw how “his party” was evolving into a majority of nutcases he took a step back and said “Wait a minute, this isn’t the party I want to associate myself with.” When he said that, you sir, decided to throw him under the bus. You threw him to the dogs and I am sure your listeners ate him alive.

Now, to say that General Colin Powell chose to endorse Senator Barack Obama based only on the fact that he is black is disturbing. To say that implies that it had nothing to do with John McCain’s lack of leadership during this campaign, or his recent condoning of tactics such as calling Obama a terrorist and being proud of supporters who chant, "Kill him!" However, according to you these reasons have nothing to do with the endorsement because Powell and Obama are both black.

It has nothing to do with the reality that John McCain chose an inexperienced running mate based solely on the fact that she was a woman. Forget the fact that General Colin Powell said Governor Palin is not ready to be president of the United States. Forget that General Powell is disgusted with the overall tone of McCain’s Campaign. General Colin Powell’s endorsement has nothing to do with the fact that John McCain’s campaign is being run by lobbyists or that John McCain thinks the "fundamentals of our economy are strong." According to you Rush Limbaugh, General Colin Powell chose Obama because he is black.

John McCain lost all three debates as determined by every poll I saw. He was not strong on issues both foreign and domestic. He does not have a plan to solve the healthcare crisis or a plan to help the middleclass at all. He wants to give tax breaks to the rich and raise taxes on the poor (he plans to tax benefits), but none of this had any bearing on General Colin Powell’s decision, because both he and Barack Obama are black.

And if you truly believe that then you are in fact still on drugs. You must be, it is the only reason I could even begin to comprehend your rationale or lack thereof. Of course who am I kidding. You are Rush Limbaugh, bloated talking head for all those who are too stupid to know better, or too ignorant to change. You spew hate because that’s your job. You are paid copious amounts of money to vomit over the airwaves because you have a following that will eat it up.

The truth is, this time Rush, you will not win. The American people will no longer be fooled by your words, or afraid of your tactics. John McCain is not going to win this election. I know part of you is excited. You will have high ratings for eight years declaring how horrible Obama is as President. But the truth is you are weak, and weakening. You and your faithful will fight against a leader who stands against everything you are, and I am sure that terrifies you. So enjoy this moment while it lasts, because it won’t be this way forever.

I won’t be directing a post to Rush very often, if ever again. I won't waste my time. I know he won’t listen. He’s paid not to.

Moving beyond race when others cannot,
LoOK

1 comments:

DRock said...

According to Rush all African Americans decisions are made because of race. What would happen if a black guy said a white guy endorsing McCain would suggest he is only endorsing him because he is white? People have all different kinds of motives for picking a candidate. To suggest that is only about race is absurd and you be locked in a padded room.

http://drock02.blogspot.com/